Children Learn What They Sing™
‘Healthy Kids’ (K-6) is a content-laden, curriculum-based song celebrating good nutrition, exercise and healthy living. It helps students to recognize the relationship between food & lifestyle choices and performance & wellbeing. *Tip: Sing and discuss chorus only, with younger grades, gradually introducing verses...
This song-based package download contains materials that integrate learning across key areas of school curriculum.
- Mp3 Vocal Track ~ Australian Lyrics Version: Chorus: We’re healthy, happy, Aussie kids…
- Mp3 Vocal Track ~ International Lyrics Version: Chorus: We’re happy, happy, healthy kids…
- PDF Lyrics x 2 (Australian & International versions)
- PDF Learning & Values Outcomes; Suggested Activities; Assembly & Performance Pieces?
- PDF Music Score
Sample Lyrics (Australian Version)
Healthy, happy, Aussie kids,
Healthy, happy, Aussie! (X2)
We’re healthy, happy, Aussie kids,
It’s how we’d like to stay.
We eat nutritious, healthy food
At every meal each day.
We know that there are five food groups,
So, now we can’t go wrong;
’Cause we know what we must do
To grow up healthy, fit and strong.
Vitamins, minerals, good fats,
Help keep bodies healthy, so –
Put good food on your plates.
Bodies are like fine machines, let’s
Eat the things we’re meant to.
Fruit is beaut, go use your loaf AND
Choose what you chomp into!
Do do do do, da da da.
Do do do do do...
©Lyrics: Nuala O'Hanlon, B.Ed; Cert Teaching
Music: Kathryn Radloff, B.A. (Hons) Psych.
*Sing To Learn: Blog Post: 'Healthy Kids'
* Pinterest Board: 'Healthy Kids' (Free lesson plans, worksheets, posters, etc.)
*More of our curriculum-based song packages on our Teach in a Box store
'An apple a day keeps the doctor away.' ~ Proverb
Keystone Creations ~ Educational Songs
A Lesson in Every Lyric®